What you’ll need:
- A Paubox Account
- Access to your organization's Exchange Management Console
Additional Considerations / Pre-requisites:
- Public IP: Paubox will need your exchange server's public IP address in order to accept the connection and your organization's email
- DNS: You will need to update your DNS/TXT records in advance to include Paubox
To setup Paubox Encrypted Email for Exchange 2007, you’ll need to create a Smarthost using the Exchange Management Console.
After the smarthost is created, you don’t need to restart any services or reboot. The changes take effect immediately.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Exchange Management Console
- Click on the + next to Organization Configuration
- Select Hub Transport and then select the Send Connectors tab. (If you can’t see all the columns shown below, click View – Add/Remove Columns…)
- Right-click on the existing Send Connector, select Properties
- Go to the Network tab.
- Select Route mail through the following smart hosts: and click Add
- Next enter outbound.paubox.com in the Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) field. Then click Ok.
- Click Ok again and you are good to go!
SEE RELATED: How do I create a Smarthost on Exchange 2010?
SEE RELATED: How do I setup Paubox with Microsoft Exchange?