What you’ll need:
- A Paubox Account
- Access to your organization's Exchange Management Console
- The smarthost value - provided by Paubox during setup
Additional Considerations / Pre-requisites:
- Public IP: Paubox will need your exchange server's public IP address in order to accept the connection and your organization's email
- DNS: You will need to update your DNS/TXT records in advance to include Paubox
To setup Paubox Encrypted Email for Exchange 2010, you’ll need to create a Smarthost using the Exchange Management Console.
After the smarthost is created, you don’t need to restart any services or reboot. The changes take effect immediately.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Exchange Management Console (EMC) as administrator.
- The console tree is the pane on the left. Use the console tree to navigate to Microsoft Exchange On-Premises -> Organization Configuration -> Hub Transport.
- On the right hand side, you should see the hub transport options.Click on the Send Connectors tab.
- Right click on your existing send connector and click Properties. Next click the Create Filter button. The send connectors properties window will pop up.
- Click on the Network tab and enter the provided smarthost value as the smarthost.
- Click Ok and you’re ready to go.
SEE RELATED: Create a Smarthost on Exchange 2007
SEE RELATED: Setup Paubox with Microsoft Exchange?
You can learn more about the Exchange Management Console here.