What you’ll need:
- A Paubox Account
- Access to your organization's Exchange Management Console
- The smarthost value - provided by Paubox during setup
Additional Considerations / Pre-requisites:
- Public IP: Paubox will need your exchange server's public IP address in order to accept the connection and your organization's email. One way to verify the sending ip is to look in a header from the customer.
- DNS: You will need to update your DNS/TXT records in advance to include Paubox
To setup Paubox Encrypted Email for Exchange 2013, you’ll need to create a Smarthost using the Exchange Admin Center.
After the smarthost is created, you don’t need to restart any services or reboot. The changes take effect immediately.
Here’s how to do it:
- Login to your Exchange Admin Center.
- Select mail flow from the side bar on the left.
- Select send connectors from the options at the top.
- Click on the pencil icon (edit button).
- Select delivery from the side bar.
- Select the option Route mail through smart hosts.
- Click on the plus symbol to add a smarthost.
- Type in the provided smarthost value and click save.
- Click save again and you're ready to go.
NOTE: If there is an existing send connector other than the default ("Internet"), just create a new one using Type: Internet ... and then disable the old one.
SEE RELATED: Create a Smarthost on Exchange 2010
SEE RELATED: Setup Paubox with Microsoft Exchange