If you are a G Suite user that has Paubox HIPAA compliant email encryption installed, there is a small chance that your senders could encounter an error message with that says "550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from [sender's email domain name] is not accepted due to domain's 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of [sender's email service provider] domain if 550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail."
This error message occurs because G Suite/Google Apps email adheres to DMARC.org policy. Basically, DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) is an email security protocol, that prevents your domain name from being spoofed. A properly configured DMARC policy can tell a receiving server whether or not to accept an email from a particular sender.
The error message pops up because your G Suite account was not properly setup. To resolve and prevent this error message do the following:
- Double check that your Inbound Gateway is setup. The inbound gateway in your admin panel should look similar to the picture below.
- If your Inbound Gateway is NOT PROPERLY setup, then please use the instructions below.
- Go to the Google Admin Console
- Click the Apps icon
- Next click on the G Suite box
- Now look for the Gmail icon and click on that.
- On the following screen, scroll down until you see Advanced settings >>. Click on that.
- Scroll down and look for a setting entry that says Inbound gateway. Click the Enable, then click the Edit.
- Next click the Add button and enter this subnet range: 184.108.40.206/16
- Click Save
- Next check the box next that says Require TLS for connections from the email gateways listed above
- Click Save then click on Save Settings, and you are done!