Setting up Paubox Hosted Emails contains two parts: Creating the email accounts on Paubox and changing DNS records.
Part I: Creating the Email Accounts on Paubox
The first step is to use your Paubox admin account to create your client's email accounts. If you do not know what your Paubox admin user account is, contact support by submitting a request or calling us at 415-795-7396.
- Login to your Paubox Admin page using your Paubox email address and password
- Click on the client's domain name
- Hover over the Add button and click on User
- Fill in the email address, password, and display name. The display name is only for the Paubox admin panel, and will not appear as the display name for outgoing emails.
- Click on the Add button
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 until all user accounts have been created
Click here for more guides on the Paubox webmail interface.
Part II: Changing the DNS records
Before making these changes, make sure you have completed part I.
- Add one MX record with a priority of 10: mx1.paubox.com
- Remove all other MX records so that only mx1.paubox.com remains
- Add a TXT record with this value: v=spf1 include:_spf.paubox.com -all
- Remove all other TXT records that begins with "v=spf1"