If your Outlook application shows that it is disconnected, it could be affecting your ability to configure a mailbox, view mailboxes, or send and receive emails.
How to tell that Outlook is disconnected
- Open your Outlook application and click on your inbox
- At the bottom of the window, you will see text that states Disconnected
Methods to resolve the disconnected issue
- Check to see that you are connected to the internet.
- You can do this by opening a web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE) and type in a valid webpage url.
- If you are unable to access the webpage, there is most likely something wrong with your internet connection.
- Restart your computer and launch the application again
- Set your Outlook to Work Offline mode and then take it off Work Offline mode
- Click on the Send / Receive tab
- Click on the Work Offline button and then click again so it is not highlighted
- Go back to your inbox and check to see if you still see the Disconnected text at the bottom of the window