You can use the G Suite data migration tool to migrate your Paubox hosted emails to your G Suite account following the video or written instructions below.
Be aware that the duration of the email migration process depends on several factors. Generally it takes about 30 minutes to migrate 100MB of emails. However, during this time you can use you G Suite account to send, receive, and check emails.
Before performing the email migration. You need to complete the following:
- Purchase a G Suite account
- Created all of your G Suite email accounts
- Obtain the username (email address) and password for your G Suite administrative account.
- Obtain the username(s) (email address) and password of your Paubox hosted account(s).
How to migrate your Paubox hosted emails to G Suite email account:
Sign in to your Google Admin Console.
Sign in using an administrator account.
- From the Admin console dashboard, go to Data migration.
To see Data migration, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Select the Email option and click Continue.
- On the Email Migration screen:
- From the Migration source list, select I don't know/Other IMAP server.
- From the Connection protocol list, select IMAP. Then in the section Enter IMAP Server Name (or Name: Port) type in m.paubox.com
- For the section role account enter the information for your Paubox hosted email account (email address and password).
- Click Connect. The data migration service attempts to detect your Paubox hosted email account.
- In the Migration start date choose the date range that you would like to retrieve your emails for. In the Migration options section, choose the proper migration options or you can leave it as default.
- Click Select Users.
- For adding a Single User do the following:
- Hover over Add and click Select user .
- In the Migrate From field, enter the user's Paubox email address and password.
- In the Migrate To field, enter the user's G Suite email address and select the user.
- Click Start.
- (Optional) To migrate another user's email, repeat the steps.
- For adding Multiple Users do the following:
- Hover over Add and click Select multiple users .
- Click Attach file to upload a CSV file containing the Paubox email addresses and passwords and the new G Suite email addresses. For details on how to format the file, see Use CSV files with the data migration service.
- If there are errors in your file, choose an option:
- To update the file, click Cancel, fix the file, and reload the updated file.
- To ignore the incorrect mappings, check the Ignore errors box.