For Paubox Email Suite Premium customers who use Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange, you can turn on the ability to archive emails between internal senders and recipients (also known as journaling).
Note, if you're using Google Workspace, this feature is automatically turned on without action on your end.
How it works
This feature allows you to archive emails sent between internal email addresses of your organization. For example, an email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com will be archived.
Enable internal email archiving (journaling)
Before you get started, you will need access to Microsoft Purview to enable internal email archiving. Instructions on how to set up Microsoft Purview can be found here.
Follow the instructions below to enable internal archiving for Microsoft 365 & Microsoft Exchange.
2. In the left-hand navigation, expand the Data lifecycle management dropdown and click on Exchange (legacy).
3. On the Exchange (legacy) page, select Settings and check that there is a designated email address to send undeliverable reports to. If not, add a designated email address.
4. Navigate back to the Exchange (legacy) page and click on the Journal rules tab.
5. Click on + New rule and fill out the rule settings:
- Send journal reports to:
- Enter a journal rule name (ex. Paubox archiving)
- Under Journal messages sent or received from, check Everyone
- Under Type of message to Journal, check Internal messages only
6. Press save.
It may take a few minutes for Microsoft Purview to process the new rule. Once processed, internal mail will begin archiving.