Salesforce can be configured to route all outgoing mail from an organization directly to Paubox for existing Paubox customers. All email from Salesforce via Paubox will be encrypted in transit.
To leverage this feature, every user of your organization must be licensed and routing email via Paubox.
Keeping email sent from Salesforce encrypted is especially important for healthcare organizations using Salesforce for customer service or helpdesk communication, where PHI might be included.
Salesforce admins can create this relay under Settings => Setup:
1. Create an Email Relay to Paubox
Email => Email Delivery Settings => Email Relays & "Create Relay"
- Server: <contact Paubox for server info>
- Port: 25
- TLS Setting: Required
- Auth: do not check the box
2. Configure Email Domain Filter
Email => Email Delivery Settings => Email Domain Filters & "Create Email Domain Filter"
- Sender Domain: * (for all email ... or enter a customer domain)
- Recipient Domain: *
- Email Relay: <choose the server from step 1>
- Active: check the box
3. Test & Confirm!
Email => Email Delivery Settings => Test Deliverability ... and send a test.
This will send 2 messages: 1 directly from Salesforce, 1 via Paubox relay. Confirm that one of the messages came via the Paubox relay:
- Review the header to see last handoff from mta.paubox.com
- Review the mail logs in your Paubox dashboard to see the test message
Note: Administrator credentials in Salesforce are needed to create this relay.
Note: There is no external relay available in Salesforce Marketing Cloud; this relay is for Salesforce CRM only.