These are the offboarding steps for your Paubox Hosted Mail accounts - the webmail mailboxes you access at m.paubox.com/mail. For any questions or offboarding assistance, schedule time with our team here!
We'll disable access to your mailboxes shortly after the last day of your subscription, and then delete them (including all email and contacts).
Please update your MX record appropriately!
- If you will be receiving mail for your domain on a different platform (for ex Google Workspace), update your MX record to direct your incoming email to that platform.
- If you will not be using your domain for email, please delete your MX record (to automatically bounce any future inbound email to your domain).
- Log in to your Domain Host
- Click on the Control Panel (may also be called DNS Zone Editor, or just DNS)
- Find the record of type MX with a value of: mx1.paubox.com or mx.paubox.com
- Edit that MX record - leave type MX; priority 1; change the value
- To point to your new mail platform (your new mail platform will provide the value)
- Or remove the value completely to bounce any future incoming mail
Note: You may want to also remove include:_spf.paubox.com from your domain's SPF record, for good housekeeping. No harm in leaving it in place.
Your Paubox mail accounts will be deleted shortly after the last day of your subscription, including email, contacts, etc. Please capture any info you need prior to the end of your Paubox subscription (we cannot recover later).
Note: If you are moving to Google Workspace for your organization's email, you may wish to leverage Google's Data Migration tools to import your email. This is a manual process and may take several days, so please plan accordingly!
That's it! Thanks for using Paubox - please feel free to reach out with any questions, or if you'd like to re-visit Paubox down the road: email@example.com