Use Paubox Forms to securely collect patient data in a HIPAA compliant way. Easily create custom forms using the drag and drop forms builder. Paubox Forms is included with your Paubox Email Suite service.
Table of contents
- Video: How to use Paubox Forms
- Build a new form
- Manage form settings
- Publish a form
- View submissions
Video: How to use Paubox Forms
Build a new Paubox Form
- In the Paubox Admin Panel, navigate to Forms under the Paubox Forms section on the left-hand navigation.
- Click on the Create Form button.
- Enter a Form Name at the top of the page.
Form question options
On the left side of the form builder, you will see different question options to choose from. These include:
- Text: Use this field to add titles, headlines, explanation text, section headers, etc. in your form.
- Divider: Add a visual line within your form to break up sections.
- Input Field: Use this text field to collect data in the form of text, email addresses, phone numbers, numbers, etc.
- Text Area: Use the text area to collect long-form text like paragraphs, comments, detailed descriptions, etc.
- Dropdown: Create a dropdown box to allow form fillers to choose between pre-determined options.
- Multiple Choice: Create a list of options and allow form fillers to choose multiple options.
- Single Choice: Create a list of options and allow form fillers to choose one of the options.
- File Upload: Allow form fillers to upload a file. Choose which file types to accept (options include pdfs, images, video, spreadsheets, documents, etc.).
- Signature: Require form fillers to provide a signature. Choose between the option to request a signature drawing or a typed signature.
To add a question to your form, drag and drop the option from the form builder onto your form.
After you drag a new question to your form, you will see the question settings pop-up on the right-hand side of the builder. Use the settings to customize your question.
- Field Name: This is the internal name of the data field where the answer will be collected. When you receive submissions, the data from this field will be collected in a column under this internal name. By default, we auto-populate a field name here but you can edit the name.
- Required Field: Toggle on this field to require an answer to this form question.
- Label Enabled: Toggle on this field to add a prompt or question text above the form field.
- Label Text: This is the prompt or question that the form filler will see.
- Label Properties: Adjust the design elements of the label including font type, color, position, etc. Note, this will only effect the label of this particular question and will not change how labels are displayed throughout the form. To change the global design elements of the entire form, you'll want to change the form design elements.
- Sublabeled Enabled: Toggle on this field to add sub-label text underneath the question. This can be used to add explanation text to help the form filler fill out the question.
Depending on the type of question you choose (Input Field, Dropdown, File Upload, etc.) you will see additional settings to manage in this right-hand pop-up.
You can manage the look and feel of your form using the global design elements. Find these options on the left-hand builder, under the Design tab. Here, you can set:
- Default font type
- Font colors for labels and text inputs
- Colors for dividers, submission button, background, and border
Settings in this section will apply globally across your form. If you'd like to manipulate the look and feel of individual questions, you can do that within the question settings.
Moving and deleting questions
As you build your form, you can change the order of the questions or delete questions.
- To move a question, click on the question. Click on the move icon and drag the question to the desired location.
- To delete a question, click on the question. Click on the trash can icon to delete. A confirmation box will pop-up, click on the red Delete button to confirm the deletion.
Manage form settings
To manage the form settings, click on the Settings tab at the top of the form builder. Under Settings, you'll be able to:
- Choose Form Recipients: Enter the email address(es) that should receive a copy of submissions as they are submitted (see example below). You can enter multiple email addresses by clicking Add Recipient. Note, it is not required to have a Form Recipient. If you'd prefer to review submissions within the Paubox Admin Panel only, leave this section blank.
- Create a Submission Message: You can customize the thank you message that appears after a form filler submits a form.
Publish a form
After you're done building your form, you'll need to publish the form to push it live. To publish, click on the Publish button on the top right of the form builder.
After you've published the form, you can:
- View the form by clicking on View Form on the top right of the builder
- Click on the Actions dropdown menu and click Copy Form URL to copy the url address
Use the form URL to link to your form for your website, emails, etc.
To view your form submissions, click on the Submissions tab at the top of the form builder. In this section, you'll be able to see each submission and the answers provided for each question. You can also change the Date Range at the top of the submissions table to see answers from a specific time period.