We know you’re excited to get your HIPAA compliant email set up on Apple Mail. The below video and written tutorial should have your email working in Apple Mail in about 5 minutes. The version of Apple Mail these instructions are intended for is Mac OS Sierra.
How to Set up Paubox Encrypted Email on Apple Mail
- Launch Apple Mail.
- If this is your very first email account you are setting up in Apple Mail, go to Step 3. If you have other mail accounts (ex. Gmail or Yahoo) on Apple Mail go to the Mail menu, select Add Accounts.
- Select Other Mail Account, and then click Continue.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Sign In:
- Name: Enter the name you want to display you’re sending emails from.
- Email Address: Enter your email address.
- Password: Enter your email account’s password.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Next:
- Email Address:Your email address (usually already filled in).
- User Name: Your email address.`
- Password: Your email account's password (usually already filled in).
- Account Type: IMAP or POP, IMAP is more preferable.
- Incoming Mail Server: m.paubox.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: m.paubox.com
- Next, you will see the screen below, leave the checkboxes and click Done.
- That’s it! Go ahead and check your email. If you don’t see any messages, click Get Mail. To make sure you can send messages, try composing an email and sending it to yourself.
Article is closed for comments.