NOTE: Coordinate with the Paubox Team for inbound security setup.
- Paubox Team will provide the appropriate mx value
- Mail relays must be set on the Paubox side or mail will not be delivered
- Send your Exchange server's public IP to us so we can configure on our side - send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll need:
- Trial subscription with Paubox (don't have one? sign up here!)
- A static public IP address that sends your organization's mail
- Exchange Server: Admin access to your organization's on-prem server
- Domain: Admin access to your organization's Domain Host (for ex. GoDaddy or Cloudflare)
- The appropriate mx value for your domain - provided by Paubox during setup
What you’ll do:
- Exchange Server: allow inbound connections from Paubox
- Microsoft 365: Create a connector
- Domain: Update your domain's mx record
Questions? Stuck? We’re here for you! email@example.com
Part I: Microsoft Exchange Inbound Routing
Microsoft Exchange may block the connection from Paubox's inbound mail servers to your email environment. In order to allow Paubox to relay inbound emails to your Exchange server, please follow the instructions below.
Confirm that STARTTLS is running on your Exchange server.
Configure your firewall to allow incoming connections from this IP range (on port 25):
Part II: Domain Update - MX Record
1. TXT/SPF Record Update.
Your domain's TXT/SPF record must include both the static IP of your Exchange server and Paubox:
- For example: v=spf1 ip4:10.1.1.1 include:_spf.paubox.com -all
- (10.1.1.1 is just a sample value; use your Exchange Server's sending IP instead)
- If there are other IPs or values, leave them - just edit to insert IP & the Paubox include
2. MX Record Update.
Update your domain's MX record by editing and replacing the existing value with Paubox's record:
<appropriate mx value supplied by Paubox Team during setup>
Note: if there are multiple MX records, edit the record of the lowest value (usually "10") and replace the existing value with mx.paubox.com. Save; then delete all other records of type MX.
This update will start routing all inbound email for your domain to Paubox when the DNS record change finishes propagating.
-- -- -- --
Legacy setups: mx1.paubox.com for IPs: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168