You’ll need to sign up for Paubox Marketing to get started (Don't have an account? Sign up here!)
In this section, we will cover using the builder to create a new marketing email, importing and managing image files, previewing an email, and sending an email.
Below are quick-start summary steps - detailed steps are here.
Create an email
The Paubox Builder provides you with endless customization options so you can easily design an email to your exact specifications. The builder has pre-built content blocks so you can drag and drop the types of content you want to include in your email.
Go to the Marketing Emails page and click on Paubox Builder to get started. (While there is an HTML builder on the left for advanced marketing campaigns, this article is relevant to the easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder on the top right.)
Using content blocks, rows, and settings
In the Content tab, you’ll find all the different types of content blocks available. Drag and drop a content type into the email editor.
Content types include:
- Title: Headlines and section titles
- Menu: Build a menu of links
- Paragraph: Longer paragraphs of body text
- Text: Body text block
- List: Bulleted and numbered lists
- Image: Upload and insert images
- Button: Add a call to action button
- Divider: Line divider for a visible separation between content blocks
- Spacer: Blank space that can be added between content blocks
- Social: Social buttons to promote your social channels
- HTML: Insert custom HTML code
- Video: Add links to video and automatically generate a preview image
- Icons: Use icon graphics to call attention to content
The Row tab allows you to choose different row options. Rows are collections of content blocks. You can use rows to group content blocks and apply similar settings to all content blocks within a row. You can choose to add a row with a single column or a row with multiple columns.
The Settings tab allows you to adjust the general settings of the email. Changes made on the Settings tab will apply to your entire email. On this tab you can:
- Change the pixel width of the email
- Set the content area alignment
- Adjust the email background and content background colors
- Set the default font type
- Set the default link color
More detailed steps, including a video walkthrough, can be found here.
Importing and organizing images
After you’ve dropped an image content block into the editor, press Browse to access the image file manager.
In the file manager, you can:
- Add and manage folders
- Upload images
- Delete images
- Choose images to insert into your email
Most of the common image file types can be uploaded to the file manager, including jpeg, png, and gif formats. Note, there is no maximum file size for the images you upload, but it’s best to stay under 1MB for optimal viewing. Additionally, images should be no wider than 1920px in order to maintain the integrity of the image.
Preview an email
Before you send your email, check that it will look correct to your recipients. In the email editor, you have the option of viewing your email in a desktop or mobile view. To switch between the two, click on either the desktop or mobile icon on the top left corner of the email editor.
You can also email yourself a preview by clicking on the top right menu options next to the Save button. Click on Send Preview to send a test email.
Sending an email campaign
Once you’re ready to send an email, choose Continue in the builder to move forward with sending the email. On the Send page, you’ll have options to:
- Change the default sender name and email address
- Select the list to send the email
- Add any additional recipients (this is where you’d include any internal recipients who need to receive a copy of the email)
- Choose to send immediately or schedule the email to send at a later date and time
Using the HTML builder
With Paubox Marketing, you can also create emails using the custom HTML builder for even more flexibility to design emails. With this builder, you can design your email in an external editor (examples include: beefree.io, Adobe Dreamweaver) and import the HTML code. Within the HTML builder, you can revise code, add in smart text and preview your final email.
Learn more about using the HTML builder here.
Article is closed for comments.