Paubox Marketing releases all-new drip campaign functionality
Starting October 6th, Paubox Marketing users will have access to all-new drip campaign functionality to build sophisticated nurture campaigns for contacts.
Here are the top highlights of the new drip campaign features:
- Drag and drop builder: Quickly and easily drag and drop new actions to build out your drip campaign workflow.
- Enrollment triggers: Choose to start all existing members of a list or just newly enrolled members of a list on a drip campaign.
- Time delays: Set time delays between emails and actions for a set number of hours, days or weeks.
- Condition branches: Send contacts in a drip down different paths based on their actions, including whether they opened a previous email or whether they clicked a link on a previous email.
Please Note: Drip campaign workflows that were built using the legacy builder will no longer be available after the new drip campaign features are released on October 6th. You will still have access to marketing emails that were used in the previous drip campaign workflows.
Create a drip campaign
Follow the instructions below to create a drip campaign. Or watch the following video for instructions.
Creating a campaign
- Got to Drip Campaigns on the left-hand navigation
- Click on Create New Drip Campaign to start building your campaign
Add a starting point
Your starting point or trigger will be the event or activity that starts a contact on your drip campaign. You can choose to send a drip campaign to all contacts on a list or start a drip campaign for any new contacts that are added to a list.
To do that:
- First, give your campaign a unique Drip Campaign ID (aka name)
- Select the type of trigger for the campaign
- Select the list that the drip campaign will send to or create a new list for the campaign
- Press Continue to Drip Campaign Builder to begin building your campaign
Add actions to your drip campaign
Use the drag and drop drip builder to add actions to your drip journey:
- Set timing delays
- Add emails
- Add condition branches
When adding a timing delay, set delays for a certain number of hours or days.
When choosing an email, you’ll need to add the subject, from address, and from name. Choose an existing email campaign to send from the drop-down list.
Condition branches can be used to send contacts down a different journey of the drip campaign depending on the conditions that you set. You’ll be able to choose between the following conditions:
- If the previous email is opened
- If a link in the previous email is clicked
Note, for the link clicked condition, this means that any link within the email sent was clicked.
Continue to add actions to your drip campaign to build the contact journey. You may also delete an action in your drip by clicking on the menu button on the action within the builder.
Editing a drip campaign
When you’ve finished building the campaign, press Create. If you make any additional edits, click Save to ensure those edits are saved. Once you’re done building your drip campaign, click on Exit.
From there, you’ll be routed back to the Drip Campaigns page where your new drip campaign is listed as Draft status. Use the menu button next to Edit Campaign or Start Campaign.
To make edits to a Draft drip campaign, press on the menu buttons and click on Edit Drip. You’ll be able to make edits to your drip campaign before you start the drip. After a drip has started, it will no longer be editable.
After a drip campaign has started, you’ll have options to:
- View Campaign to view your drip workflow
- Pause Campaign to stop the drip campaign at any time
- View Analytics on the menu
- Copy Campaign to copy the same workflow for a new campaign
- Delete Campaign to permanently delete a drip workflow
For more information on how to use Paubox Marketing, view the Help Center guides here.