Introducing an all-new design builder for Paubox Marketing
Paubox Marketing’s new email builder gives you the tools to quickly design beautiful campaigns. Mix and match content blocks, and customize with your own images, text, and branding. This new builder will be releasing October 19th.
Here are the top highlights of the all-new email builder:
- Drag and drop content to quickly create and edit your email design
- Choose from content blocks, including: images, text, lists, buttons, dividers, menus, social icons, and more!
- Endless customization options to adjust size, padding, font, colors, etc.
- Upload and organize images in the new image file manager which supports jpeg, png, gif, and other formats
- Easily switch between mobile and desktop previews
In this article, you’ll learn how to design an email with the new builder.
Before you start
Before you start, here are a few things to note:
- If you’d like to edit a draft email that was created before the new editor was released, you will only be able to make those edits in the legacy design builder.
- Similarly, if you copy an email that was created before the new editor was released, you will only be able to edit that copied email in the legacy design builder.
- The legacy builder will no longer be available to use for any brand new emails that are created.
- You still have access to the HTML builder if you’d prefer to build the email with HTML code or if you’d like to import HTML code.
Watch a tutorial on how to use the new Paubox Marketing email builder
Build an email using the Paubox design editor
Create a new email
- Go to the Marketing Emails page on the Paubox Marketing app
- Click Build Now on the Paubox Builder
Building your email
The new Paubox Marketing design builder provides you with endless customization options so you can easily design an email to your exact specifications. The builder has pre-built content blocks so you can drag and drop the types of content you want to include in your email.
Adding content blocks
Under the Content tab, you’ll find all the different types of content blocks available. Drag and drop a content type into the email editor.
Content types include:
- Title: Headlines and section titles
- Menu: Build a menu of links
- Paragraph: Longer paragraphs of body text
- Text: Body text block
- List: Bulleted and numbered lists
- Image: Upload and insert images
- Button: Add a call to action button
- Divider: Line divider for a visible separation between content blocks
- Spacer: Blank space that can be added between content blocks
- Social: Social buttons to promote your social channels
- HTML: Insert custom HTML code
- Video: Add links to video and automatically generate a preview image
- Icons: Use icon graphics to call attention to content
Click into the content block on the editor to further edit. After clicking on the content block, you’ll find additional settings on the right-hand menu.
Delete, edit and copy content blocks
To customize and edit a content block, click on the content block on the email editor. After clicking, editing options will appear as a pop-up next to the block. Also, further settings will be available in the right menu.
To delete a content block, click on the trash icon .
To copy a content block, click on the copy icon .
To move a content block, click and drag the block to the desired location.
Organizing content in rows
Rows are collections of content blocks. You can use rows to group content blocks and apply similar settings to all content blocks within a row. You can choose to add a row with a single column or a row with multiple columns.
On the Row tab, click and drag the type of row that you want into the email editor.
After that, drag content blocks into the row.
Click on the row block to edit the settings of that row. You can choose to change the width of columns, adjust the padding between content blocks, change the background color of the row, and much more.
Adjust the email settings
The Settings tab allows you to adjust the general settings of the email. Changes made on the Settings tab will applied to your entire email. On this tab you can:
- Change the pixel width of the email
- Set the content area alignment
- Adjust the email background and content background colors
- Set the default font type
- Set the default link color
Upload and insert images with the file manager
The email builder now features a new and improved file manager to easily upload and insert images into your email.
After you’ve dropped an image content block into the editor, press Browse to access the image file manager.
In the file manager, you can:
- Add and manage folders
- Upload images
- Delete images
- Choose images to insert into your email
Most of the common image file types can be uploaded to the file manager, including jpeg, png, and gif formats. Note, there is no maximum file size for the images you upload, but it’s best to stay under 1MB for optimal viewing. Additionally, images should be no wider than 1920px in order to maintain the integrity of the image.
Undo a change
Use the undo and redo buttons on the bottom left corner of the editor to easily undo the last made change. You can also click the change history button to view the changes made since the email draft was last opened or saved. Click on any change in the history to reverse multiple changes.
Preview your email
Before you send your email, check that it will look correct to your recipients. In the email editor, you have the option of viewing your email in a desktop or mobile view. To switch between the two, click on either the desktop or mobile icon on the top left corner of the email editor.
You can also email yourself a preview by clicking on the top right menu options next to the Save button. Click on Send Preview to send a test email.
Sending the email
Once you’re ready to send an email, click on the Save button. Then click on the menu options and choose Continue to move forward with sending the email now or scheduling for later.If you’d like to save the draft and continue later, press Save then Exit. You can find the draft email under the Marketing Emails section of the app.
For more information on how to use Paubox Marketing, view the Help Center guides here.